life in the so called space age

Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The so-called space age gets a little closer.

Every time I hear news about civilian space programs, I get kind of excited. Today I saw that New Mexico's "Spaceport America" was granted an FAA license. I think what is so fascinating to me about all this is that most of American society doesn't seem to care. I don't know if it's that actual space travel is an unbelievable proposition, or if people are waiting for jetsons style, glass bubble cars before it seems real. It is very real though. it's just a matter of money - it's really expensive to put something into space, but when you think about all the dumb stuff that people spend ridiculous money on (oil?) it's not that far a stretch. So now we have viable tourist vehicles, a launch terminal, and a working model of a space hotel.

I just hope the whole recession/depression thing doesn't kill this.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're right. You can't leave this planet soon enough.

December 18, 2008 at 8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home