life in the so called space age

Thursday, October 9, 2008

more on hobby DNA - www.23andme.com

In cleaning out the old in-box today, I noticed a pile of info e-mails from Ancestry.com that I'd not had time to look at. One suggested that they had added more information to my DNA profile. (I did the Y DNA test through them a year or so ago)

I logged in and found that what had been added was a link to the site www.23andme.com which appears to be a collaborative approach to personal genetic research. I've not had time to dig very deeply into it, however a very notable feature I just saw is a list of potential health issues for your lineage, I assume based on halpotype. (I1a here, FYI)

I made an account and hope to play with this more in the future.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home